Friday 12 March 2010

Sorting and doing

I'm sure everyone knows that feeling, or place of mind where everything must be done, everything must be cleaned and sorted and perfect, hours will be spent, days! Just as long as I don't have to do whatever it is I was doing until I noticed the sock on the floor or the dust cluster, or that my Google Reader follows didn't make sense when I have Blogspot follows too... Hours and days for sure.



I'm just lucky most of my friends don't have blogs or I really never would get anything done, but I do really enjoy reading my friends blogs and am glad that some of them are getting recognition for the time and effort they put into their online activities, whether work related or personal.

For myself I guess I would like to be followed by more people, but I never know who I am talking to (or at) as it is, and being someone who likes to sculpt what they say and to whom (social chameleon style, although I think I tend to get a bit like a chameleon experiencing every possible social situation at once), more people would probably make my use of language even more awkward.

I'm back into the swing of college work Just when my week gets turned upside down by other people needing to use my PC for code. But that is finished with now, which leaves me with getting back to work, which on a Friday evening isn't an easy task. But I've nothing to do tonight! Nobody asked me to do anything and anyone I have asked isn't around. So I'm here, with my magnetism course notes (and questions, how I hate them), my spectroscopy course notes and videos, my report to finalise, the EUV photodiode to setup and a million reasons to go home or just away from all this, all centred around my id and its desire not to work.



Yesterday I found the above YouTube video and pages full of Airsoft games held in forests and suchlike. I must say these things do look fun, but on the other hand I can't help but think of LARPing for a different crowd. Yes it's a crowd I fit in a lot more with but no I don't want to be in it.



Even if I do like the uniforms.



I was also redirected to this and thought it was worth sharing with people, very pretty, a huge amount of effort no doubt. I would like to say I have more news but I really don't. Lots of things going on and planning to have occur around me.
Last weekend I went up to Ravensdale to see my mother and went for a lovely hike in the sun we had.

Didn't go that far or for that long, around an hour and a half in total, though I did run down the hill in the end, wanted to make it down before the dirt bike caught up with me (yes, I was imagining some sort of 007 moment as I ran downhill, sheep skull [long story short it had horns, my mam wanted a sheep skull with horns and now she has one] in my backpack and GPS tracker in pocket, but most guys get these thoughts when left to themselves for too long, or so I'm told).



This weekend, as in right now, I am going to be celebrating Odette's 21st Saturday night and possibly watching movies on Sunday night in Rory's with those whom he has invited. Following that on Tuesday my little twin cousins are making their confirmations and I'm seeing them in the evening, the following weekend I'm in Galway for a holiday, the weekend after that I turn 22 for the first and last time in my life (melodrama!).



If I looked like Gene Kelly I would rule the world.
All in all I am getting no work done, but enjoying trying to avoid it! So isn't it a win overall?
Following my birthday weekend (speaking of which, everyone should keep Saturday the 27th of March free, because I'm just that wonderful that everyone should want to see me) is Easter weekend, which I will be spending in Ravensdale once more, putting yet another weekend between me and the Anchorman Saturday night (sorry Kitty).

But that's the pleasure of only really having your weekends for certain, though as I have said countless times, if I can get into a habit of getting in early to college I will be able to reclaim my evenings more easily.

Also, to those of you who read what I say often, whether it be here or on twitter, I groan a lot, but that's because I'm a complainer. It's what I do, so I'm sorry if I make myself seem ungrateful, because I'm not, I am a very happy person but seldom speak of the sunny side.
I can’t wait for Galway!
TTFN.

*edit*
I can never seem to find a good image host! RARG!
I'd have to resort to using my own site but I can never remember what the bloody open port is and when I finally do I find that bloody TCD block the ports. So back to the really slow one I found.
*/edit*

No comments: