Friday 14 January 2011

Spectrometers eh?

Can't live with them, can't afford a new one.

Fighting myself not to go and just dismantle the entire setup, whole thing. Even take up the optical rails and just redo the whole thing from absolute scratch. As I stand now, the spectra I am getting make no sense to me.

Yesterday I watched Tank Girl to numb my mind after a Long day with just me and the large chamber going mano-a-mano, well if the chamber had hands we would have been. Had half seen it before, good movie, well worth a watch if you haven't already. Give it a good 7 out of 10.

Had lega and coffee for lunch today, going to have rice for dinner in some manner or other, I have decided. Letting Cut Chemist work his magic with the speakers atm, though the noise of the vacuum pump and clicking from the laser are doing nothing to help me enjoy it. "Funk is as deep as an elephant's trunk"

But yes, the spectra make no sense, so at Clelia's suggestion I am going to verify that the ion signals are proportional about the azimuthal axis of the plasma plume, if the signals aren't I quit for this week, straight up quit.

Wish me luck, or not. Wish me out of here.

No comments: